This set-up allows you to enter your iprism username and password, then download into Durell the basic client and policy details your company has previously entered on the iprism website (for commercial insurance quotes and policies).
It will allow you to match existing client records in Durell with those from the iprism site, or create new ones in Durell. It’ll also download the policy types and reference numbers along with the on-risk and renewal date, plus most of the premium information: all of which should help with your renewal processing.
Starting from Durell’s Main Menu…
- Click the “Setup” button
- Double-click the word “iPrism” in the menu-list on the right of the Setup screen
- Then on the pop-up below, either click…
- “Cancel” to exit immediately.
- “Setup” to activate the next pop-up below, in which you should enter…
- Your company’s Agent ref, Username and Password (n.b. you won’t get the correct data until you do this).
- Only tick “Use development URLS” for testing, as this will not download real clients or policies, and may flood your Durell system with hundreds of rubbish policies.
- Tick all the product types for which you consider your policyholders will most probably be individuals rather than businesses
- If you’d like to copy this set-up to other Durell users then tick their names at the bottom left and click “Copy”
- Click “OK” to confirm and return to the first pop-up.
Note: You’ll need separate iprism usernames to allow more than one person to log-on simultaneously, though everyone will receive all the data for the company’s shared Agent ref.
- Back on the first pop-up select “Load from iprism” to download your data from the iprism website.
- If you are starting a new Durell system and want to download all of your client and policy data from the iprism website tick the box to “Load all clients as new records”. Note that this option will not match any downloaded records with existing clients in your Durell system, so usually it will only be suitable when starting a new Durell system.
- If you wish to prevent the download of old policies you can set a starting date against “Only include policies which were taken-up from”.
- Click “Go” to start the download process, shown below (n.b. but only after you’ve setup your login credentials).
- This will load it into Durell AND create back-up files in an iprism folder in your main Imw-Data folder. The files are called…
- POL.xml for policies
- MTA.xml for mid term adjustments
- QUO.mta for quotes
- UpdateLog.txt for the log of what was downloaded, e.g.
- Skipped Quote IP11XX00000000026787 no company name returned from iprism.
- Skipped Quote IP11XX00000000026788 no company name returned from iprism.
- Added Surgery Insurance Quote IP11XX00000000026723 for SMITH`S SURGERY LTD
- Added Tradesman Quote IP11XX00000000026701 for FRED
- Added Retail Shop Insurance Quote IP11XX00000000026858 for TEST PERSON HAIR AND BEAUTY LTD
- You’ll find these files in a sub-folder of your main Durell data one, called "iPrism".
- They'll be in a further sub-folder, where its name indicates the date, e.g. 22112011 for 22nd Nov 2011
- And then in another sub-folder where its name indicates the time, e.g. 1313 for 13 minutes past 1 o’clock (in case you do more than one on the same day)
Note: You cannot download the same data twice via “Load from iprism”. To repeat a download you must use “Load from file” and select the file for the appropriate time and date, as shown below...
As the system imports your data from iprism it will…
- recognise exiting policy references (e.g. for ones that have been renewed) and update them
- recognise existing client names with matching postcodes and not change them
- create new policy records for ones with new reference numbers
Furthermore IF you have NOT TICKED the option to “Load all clients as new records” it will…
- stop for clients it cannot recognise (e.g. OLIVER’S COMPANY, as shown below) to allow you to either…
- use the search buttons to find the existing match in Durell and click “OK” (e.g. to match their “Fred Blogs” with your Durell record for “BLOGGS F”. Note that afterwards, if you edit the search names and postcodes in Durell so they match the iprism ones, then subsequently you won’t have to re-match them like this).…
- click “New” to specify that the client should be created as a new record in Durell.
The iprism client record is shown at the top of the pop-up (e.g. “OLIVER’S COMPANY”) so that you can find the matching record in Durell (i.e. not “TOYS 4 U” as shown above, but possibly a company that’s been slightly differently named in Durell like “OLIVER CO LTD)
- Once you’ve found the correct company click “OK” to confirm the match.
- If it’s not already in Durell simply click “New” to create it.
- At any time you can click “Cancel” to abort the process.
Running iprism from the Policies screen
Provided you’ve entered your iprism credentials in “Set-up / iprism”, as described above, you can then link to iprism directly from the Policies screen, as shown below. To do so…
- Click on (and thus highlight) any existing COMMERCIAL policy (n.b. it won’t work if you start from a motor or household one)
- Click the purple “Zigzag” download button (n.b. also used for Insurecom quotes for Motor & Household policies)
1. The option to “Start a new iprism quote” will allow you to select one of the product types supported by iprism, shown above, then jump to the iprism website where you can carry-on entering its details. On completion it’ll prompt you to download the data into Durell, which will include the client, basic policy info, premium and commission.
2. The option to “View this policy on the iprism website” will jump to the current policy on iprism’s website, but only if the Durell insurer is called “IPRISM” and the policy ref is a valid iprism one. You should use this option to update iprism policies for mid-term adjustments (n.b. which you’ll then need to create manually in your Durell system in order to post the commission to your accounts).
3. The option to “Go to the iprism website” is identical to going to it via your Internet browser (though it logs-in automatically).
4. The option to “Download from iprism” is identical to the one described at the top of this Help.