Send an Email
Starting from Durell’s Main Menu…
- Click the “People” button
- Use the search buttons, as required, to select a client (or some other record in another address set)
- Ensure the client has an Email address, as shown below (if not enter one in the Email field, then click the “Save” or “Floppy disk” button)
- Then either…
- Click the “>” button besides either of the “Email” or “2nd Email” fields, or
- Click the “Email” button on the toolbar
- Click the "W" button to activate the Document Viewer, then "New" followed by "Email address 1 or 2"
- Select the address to use by clicking the “Email this address” button below it. This will send an email to the current client, as shown below.
- Alternatively you may use the search buttons to find the email addresses of an alternative client (or insurer).
- Write the text of your new Email, give it a title, then click the “Send” button in Outlook
Yet another way to send an email would be...
- First find the relevant client or insurer
- Click the green “W” button to activate the Document Viewer
- Click the "New" button
- Click either of the “Email address1” or “Email address 2” buttons to start an email with that address
Although handy, this method is not quite as flexible as the two described above, as you can neither see the email addresses before sending, nor can you re-select a different client or insurer.
Emails to Insurers and Jumping to Insurers’ Websites
If you click the “Email” button on the toolbar while a policy is highlighted on the main Policies screen you’ll get an extended “Email and Website” pop-up that allows you to additionally email the insurer, and/or jump to that insurer’s website.