Mortgage, Progressing & Required Documents
Mortgage progressing is handled via the “Awaiting” field, which appears at the top right of the first of the Mortgage screens. Click the “=” button to activate the “Compliance Dates for…” dialogue, shown below.
On the “Compliance Dates for…” dialogue…
- Enter the dates when the various actions were completed, or click the “=” button for today’s date
- When you click the “=” buttons next to “Money laundering” and “Supporting documents” you’ll see the dialogues discussed below
- Click the “N/A” tick-box if a given action is irrelevant (e.g. “Quotation issued”, shown above)
- Your user-name (e.g. “FAY”) is automatically linked to each such action, and appears in the “Highlighted date entered by” field, so subsequently you’ll know who confirmed each date
- For old business, where you have no records of the dates, you may skip all the fields except “Completion”
- Click the “OK” button when you’ve entered all the applicable dates
- See section, below, on the “New Business Compliant” tick-box
On the “Money Laundering…” dialogue…
- Enter the type of verification (e.g. “Driving Licence”) then click the “Add to list” button so that in future you can select it from the drop-down
- Enter some kind of reference for that particular type of verification (e.g. the driving licence number)
- Click the “=” button next to “Verified on” to get today’s date
On the “Supporting Documents…” dialogue…
- In “Required Documents” enter the type of document with a number from 1 to 10 in front of it (e.g. “3. Outline planning permission”).
- In the “Notes” enter any notes pertaining to the required document in question, with the matching number in front of it (e.g. “3. Outline planning permission has been requested…”)
- Click the “=” button between the “Date” and “Confirmed by” fields when the required document for that number has been received (e.g. click the 3rd date if it applies to the Outline Planning Permission).
- Click the “Chase up” button to generate a diary entry (see alsoPolicies, Notes & Chase-ups)
- Click the “OK” button to close temporarily (i.e. and return later to complete) or…
- Click the “All complete” button to close and mark the entire “Supporting Documents” section as complete.
On returning to the flat view of the policy, as shown above, you’ll notice that the awaiting field now holds the next outstanding action (e.g. Supporting documents”). This will also appear in the scrolling view of the policies, shown below, provided you change the search to be by “Awaiting”, as described below.
Note that in the above illustration, all policies & mortgage cases at stage “Pending” are shown in grey, while all policies & mortgage cases at stage “Active” are shown in green (see “Set-up, Policy Stages”). To change the search to be by “Awaiting”, starting from the scrolling view of all policies…
- Click the green “Binoculars” button, which will activate the “Search Criteria” dialogue, shown below
- If you require it, select the business type (e.g. “Mortgages”, as shown below), otherwise leave this at “All”
- Use the “Search order…” drop-down to select “Awaiting”
- Use the “Search for…” to enter any particular compliance stage you’re interested in (e.g. “Supporting documents”)
- Click the “OK” button
You’ll then be able to chase-up or update all the policies at that stage.
New Business Compliant Tick-box
After you enter a date against “Completion” the “Awaiting” field will state “Nothing (failed initial compliance)”. The point of this is that your compliance officer can then check all such cases and where he finds that they are indeed fully compliant he can then click the “New business compliant” tick-box at the bottom left of the “Compliance Dates…” dialogue, shown below. After this, the “Awaiting” field will say “Nothing”.
Obviously you’ll want your compliance officer to be the only person who can tick the “New business compliant” tick-box. To control this, set the “Life&Inv new business compliant” access right in your user-name set-ups (shown below, and also see “Set-up, Users”). You can additionally use these access rights to control whether or not users can edit the “Compliance Completed” date.
Mortgager Progess / Compliance Report
To get a report of your new business, by insurer, adviser, etc, starting from the Main Menu…
- Click the “Reports” button
- Click the “Life” tab, which will display the screen below
- Click “Compliance daybook”
- Click “Proceed”, which will take you to the “Compliance Daybook” dialogue, shown below…
On the “Compliance Daybook” dialogue…
- Use the “Order by type and” drop-down to select the sequence for your report
- Use the “Policy types” drop-down if, for example, you only want to include “Mortgages”
- Use the “Policy products” drop-down if, for example, you only want to include a particular type of product
- Use the “Include insurers” drop-down if you only want to include a particular insurer (e.g. “Halifax”)
- Use the “Print from” and “Print to” fields to set the range of PROPOSAL dates to include (n.b. policies with blank proposal dates will not be included)
- Use the “Include” drop-down to specify whether you want “All”, “Completed” or “Incompleted” business
- Use the “Include for” drop-down to specify policies for a particular adviser, introducer, etc
- If you chose “Selected advisers” or “Selected introducers” you’ll then be able to tick which ones to include
- Click either “Include pols…” or “Exclude pols…” and then tick all applicable policy stages
- Click the “OK” button to get the report