Set-up, Policy & Claim Numbers
This allows you to set-up automatic or temporary numbers for your policies and claims (i.e. until they can be over-written with the number issued by the insurer). They appear when you click the “=” button next to the “Policy Ref” or “Claim Ref” field on the respective flat views of policies or claims.
The reference numbers will automatically increment from whatever starting-point you specify. Additionally you might like to prefix the numbers with some text and the date, so that listings of policies with temporary references are as clear as possible. For example…
- TEMP-M-31/12/2003-3004 might indicate “Temp policy / Motor / Entered on 31-12-2003 / with unique motor temp ref no 3004"
- TEMP-H-28/11/2003-3004 might indicate “Temp policy / Household / Entered on 28-11-2003 / with unique house temp ref no 3004"
- TEMP-L-14/09/2003-5006 might indicate “Temp policy / Life / Entered on 14-09-2003 / with unique house temp ref no 5006”
- CLM-M-24/11/2003-4478 might indicate “Temp claim / Motor / Entered on 24-11-2003 / with unique house temp ref no 4478”
To set-up your temporary or automatic policy or claim numbers, starting from the set-up window…
- Use the “Setup policy/claim references for” drop-down to select the type of business (e.g. “Motor claims”)
- Either enter a desired prefix (e.g. “CLAIM-M-”) or select how many characters from the plan name you would like to use to prefix the temp claim number
- Tick the box “Add date to number” if you’d like your prefix to be followed by the date (“CLAIM-M-21/12/2003-”)
- Enter the reference number from which you’d like your temporary numbers to start
- Click the “Save” button
- Repeat the above for the next type
- Click the “Close” button when all done