Quotes, Entering, Saving, Deleting
You enter, edit, save and delete quotes exactly as you might do for a policy (see “Policies, Create a New Policy”), but because a quote is not a policy, when entering its details you may ignore all of the initial section above the thick black line on the first screen, as shown below. However although not required, it’ll be easier to track your quote if you give it a temporary reference for your own internal use (by clicking the “=” button next to the “Policy reference” field), and if you link it to an adviser so you know who was responsible for it.
Link to Insurecom
If you’ve set-up your system to use Insurecom you’ll be prompted to link to Insurecom when you reach the Premium Details screen, as shown below…
Entering Details – Useful Tips
The following tips may help when entering quote details…
- Data Checks
- If you don’t like the Insurecom data checks that ensure each screen is complete before allowing you to proceed, you can disable them by clearing the tick-box on the Setup / Filepaths screen (see “General, Quotes, Insurecom, Setup”).
- Policy Cancellations
- To cancel a policy simply highlight it on the scrolling list of policies, then click the “Signpost” button and select the option “General / Cancellation”. A cancellation is really just an MTA to terminate the policy, but Insurecom requires you to select this special option.
- Selecting from Lists (e.g. for Manufacturer, Model, etc)
- When selecting from a dropdown list you should enter the first few letters to search on BEFORE clicking the dropdown’s down-arrow. For example, when entering the “Manufacturer”, if you enter “SK” before clicking the down-arrow you’ll go straight to “SKODA”.
- Household - Contents
- The “total amount of contents cover” includes the “valuable items worth over £1000” listed under “Home cover details”, as shown below, but excludes all items in the sections below it (i.e. excludes All risks, Money & credit cards, pedal cycles, freezer contents and legal expenses).
- “All risk” items are things that also need to be insured while out of the home, such as clothing and jewellery which you are carrying with you or wearing, photographic equipment, portable computers, golf clubs, etc. Such items should only be entered once under “All risks” (i.e. do not also include them in the “Home contents cover” section)
- Household - NCD
- Insurecom calculates the premium using separate NCDs for the buildings and contents elements (which may be different), so enter both accurately
- Household - Doors
- The “Final exit door” is the door normally used when leaving the house, which can only be locked from the outside. Other “external doors” may be bolted from the inside before leaving.
- Motor – NCD from Company Car Experience
- Enter the company’s current or previous insurer, policy ref, etc, as normal, then select “Company car experience” as the source. This will activate the “Company car details” button where you can enter the type of usage and optionally the date when the driver ceased this company car usage.
- Motor - Deleting Drivers
- To delete an individual driver click the yellow “Bin” or “Delete” button on the “Drivers” screen (with the driver in question on view). Alternatively you can clear the driver’s name then click the “Go Back” button (the “Curve-left Black Bendy Arrow” one). If you’ve set “Drivers” to “Insured and others” then don’t forget to enter them all, and if you’ve set it to “Insured only” don’t try to enter more than one. If you delete one or more drivers then ensure the “Drivers” field matches what’s left.
- Motor - Driver Mileages
- The sum of all the drivers’ mileages should be equal to, or less than the vehicle’s overall mileage (n.b. some drivers may not be specified so it could be less, but it should never be more).
- Motor - Hire Purchase
- Only use this optional field, as shown below, if the vehicle is being bought through a hire purchase scheme
- Motor – Security
- Leave these fields blank for all “fit as standard” security items
- Motor – Modifications
- Leave this blank if nothing has been modified (i.e. do not enter “None”)
- Motor – Penalty Points
- The penalty point field in the centre of the Driver screen displays the total points entered individually for all “Convictions”
- Disappearing Quotes
- If your quotes seem to have disappeared check your View Filter (see “Quotes, Filter to View Quotes, Renewals, etc”).
- Post Code
- Make sure you use the postcode look-up button to get a genuine address (i.e. click the Postcode “=” button on the Client or Prospect screen).
- Date of Birth
- Don’t forget to enter the date of birth on the original Client or Prospect screen, and thereafter use the “=” buttons to ensure the same date gets repeated.
- Cover Notes
- Be aware that some insurers do not offer cover notes
- Sensible Dates
- Ensure the “Cover required from” date is sensible (e.g. for an MTA it cannot be before the On Risk date)
- To see how to process a quote (e.g. “Take-up”, check for “Add-ons”, etc) see “Quotes, Insurecom, Processing”