Reports, General, Bordereaux
The default report lists policies according to the options selected.
- Click the “Policy selection (new)” button to restrict the policies to be included (see “Reports, Policy Selector”)
- If required, click the “>” button next to “For policy holder” to select a single client (see “Reports, Find Address Dialogue”)
- Use the “Order by” dropdown to select an ordering sequence for the report (e.g. by Insurer, by Product type, etc)
- Use the “With start dates from…to” fields to set a range of policy start (or “On risk”) dates…
o When setting date ranges, “From blank to blank” gives all policies, while “From blank to a date” gives all up to that date, etc
o Alternatively click “Use months for print range” and select the months to print in the current year
- Use the “Only include MS flagged policies” to alternatively list all policies with their mail shot marker currently set to “Y” (in the selected order)
- Click and tick the “Set MS marker for selected policies” if you want to use your report selection to re-set your mail shot markers (n.b. matched go to “Y”, unmatched go to “N”)
- If required, use the “Exclude policies with zero premiums” to exclude policies with no premium
- Click “Exclude not-posted policies” to only include valid policies that have been posted to the accounts (recommended by Durell)
- Use the “send to comma-delimited file” option to automatically create a text file of your data, called “POLICIES.TXT” in your data folder (e.g. “F:\Imw-Data”), as show below.
o If creating a comma-delimited file, you’ll probably also want to tick the option to “Include field headings”
o Comma-delimited files can be sent by Email as attachments and can be read by most computer programs, so form a basis for data transfers. They can also be opened as spreadsheets by Excel, etc.
- Tick the option to show either the policy holder or the insurer
- Tick the option for what should be included in the definition of “nett premium”. To maintain consistency with other reports based on accounts data (i.e. posted invoices) you are recommended to use the third choice (i.e. as posted)
Saving Your Selections
Once you’ve made a selection for a report you can save this via the “Save” button, and subsequently re-select it via the “Load” one, as shown below, which is useful in maintaining consistency, particularly when dealing with less experienced admin staff...